To achieve entrepreneurial success, it is important to have a great business website. This is because the number of consumers who use online platforms is rising by the day. This trend is irreversible, which makes building an online presence a means for enhancing your credibility in the modern-day marketplace. You may fall behind the competition if you do not have an online presence.
To make sure you benefit from having a presence online, here are steps that will guide you on how to make a business website. Through these tips, you will get the best out of your site and become influential in the industry.
How to Make a Business Website
1. Choose a business template for your website
To get started, there are ready-made website templates that contain all you need. These ready-made websites come with built-in features and sample contents that are in line with your business. You should know that every website template is designed for specific purposes — varying from food and fashion to health and fitness.
Ensure that you do thorough research of the various categories before choosing a template for your site. Select the one that best describes your business. Another thing that you should consider is the feel and look of what you want to express through your website. No matter what business you intend to take online, you will find free and customizable business website templates that are just right for you.
2. Choose a web host and domain name
You must choose a web hosting provider if you want your small business website to be seen by others. You will find different hosting platforms from which you can select; you will always find one that best suits your needs.
The next thing that you need is the domain name. The domain name is also called the website address. You will have to connect this website address to your hosting provider so that your website can be found online. The right domain name will add credibility to your business site and make your site visible. When considering a domain name for your small online website, chose one that can help you make a good first impression.
3. Optimize for search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO is simply the optimization process of the websites to make sure that they rank high in the organic searches, which is free of any paid influence, on the search engines. Improving the ranking of your site within relevant searches will allow you to reach a larger audience and in turn, increase the quantity of traffic that your small business website generates.
There is a lot to learn about SEO strategies; you can start by:
- Researching relevant keywords
- Speeding up your website
- Adding a summary of your website. This will usually appear below your URL in search results or social shares.
4. Focus on the user experience
Your customer’s perception of your brand is greatly influenced by the effectiveness of your small online business website. Therefore, to make customers content with your business, you need to create a good user experience. This alone can generate more traffic for your website, improve bounce rates, and conversions. To have this desired effect, you need to pay attention to the following:
- Choose the right navigation menu
- Create an effective call to action button. This depends on the size, color, and placement on your website
- Have a social media link displaying all your brand’s social media platforms
- Make it mobile-friendly
5. Add all relevant pages
It is a must for any online business website to have multiple pages. This gives room for the coverage of a broad range of content, product, and services. For your small online business, the following are the essential types of pages to consider:
- Homepage: The homepage is always seen as the storefront of your business. Customers will be highly engaged and want to use your website daily if its homepage is attractive.
- About Us: The “about us” page is a platform through which you can state all that differentiate your brand from other competitions. It is a means through which you can communicate information.
- Contact Us: This is the best possible means through which a customer can get to you. Information such as your business phone number, location business email address, social media links, and a short form.
- Online-store: With the sales of products and services online, it is beneficial to set up an online store to help you manage your business.
- Bookings page: To accept online bookings and payments, you need to add scheduling software to your website.
6. Fill your site with good content
Small business websites need to have quality content. This alone will encourage visitors to always come back. Besides, it indicates to search engines that the information on your website is up to date. As you try incorporating contents that will help generate traffic for your website, think of the following:
- Choose and prioritize blog posts that are relevant to the needs of your audience.
- Incorporate testimonials to your website to boost the credibility and trust of your business.
7. Set up a strong customer relationship management (CRM)
To build long-term relationships, improve customer interaction, and capture more leads along the way, you will need strong customer relationship management. The CRM once connected to the internet provides you with customer contact and project management, as well as marketing and sales force automation.
9. Promote your site
After your small online website is up and running, you can make use of it to increase the exposure of your business by applying any of the following strategies:
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
10. Track web performance
To know how your website performs, it is a good idea for you to make use of web analytics tools. These tools will help you dive deeper into your weaknesses and strengths. You can then make data-driven decisions once you have a better understanding of your visitors. Through this, you can sort out new ways to improve the overall performance of your website.
Building a small business website is not as difficult as many imagine. If you follow the tips that have been mentioned in this guide, you will have your small business website running in no time. A small business website can set you up for entrepreneurial success and so you must make efforts to own one.